Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tel Aviv

So as I've been traveling, there have been places that I've seen a bunch of sights and places that I've just rested and relaxed.
Tel Aviv was definitely one of the places were I was just resting and relaxing. The city felt a little yuppyish (it's a word if you know what I mean) to me, probably because I ran into a dog park and a little kid's picnic birthday party. These images were so different from what I had seen in the rest of the Middle East. This did not appear to be a city that felt threaten by its neighbors. Much more like a city that had all of its basic needs covered and was interested in the finer things in life.


I went to Tel Aviv at the beginning of my trip to Israel and again at the end, but both times were Friday and Saturday. Walking around most of the city on a Saturday is really uninteresting because so much closes on the Sabbath. But there was some cool graffiti.

After walking around the city for a little bit, I'd get something to eat - which was really expensive (European prices), then go to the beach. After walking along the beach for a couple hours, I'd watch the sunset.

At night, I went to a couple bars with people I'd meet in the hostel. The bars that I went to were pretty chill. I didn't really get involved in the crazy club scene. (Note: I did not actually go to the pictured bar - it just made me think of my little brother.)
I unfortunately crashed around 2 or 3 every morning whereas I had roommates that routinely got in around 6:00am.

That was pretty much my time in Tel Aviv. No real crazy stories just a lot of R&R.

1 comment:

  1. Better make you think of me!!! Bring me back something cool or I'm sending you back to the middle east!! You'll be A Sare!

    ReplyDelete